Malaysia’s Ev “E.T.” Ting is set to face Singapore’s Amir Khan at ONE: EDGE OF GREATNESS on Friday, 22 November.
The three-round lightweight battle will serve as the spectacle’s co-main event and is guaranteed to produce fireworks inside the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Both men – former ONE Lightweight World Title challengers – are looking to mount another challenge toward the lightweight crown currently held by Christian “The Warrior” Lee.
Ting’s last appearance in ONE Championship came in July 2019 against Japan’s Daichi Abe at ONE: MASTERS OF DESTINY. Though Abe started the stronger of the pair – almost finishing the top lightweight from Malaysia on several occasions – the Auckland MMA athlete overcame the odds to submit his adversary at 4:44 of the second round by rear-naked choke.
That win put an end to the Malaysian’s two-match losing streak against ONE Lightweight World Grand Prix finalist Saygid “Dagi” Guseyn Arslanaliev and Japanese martial arts icon Shinya “Tobikan Judan” Aoki.
Khan, on the other hand, wants to return to the winner’s bracket for the first time since September 2018.
The 24-year-old Singaporean is on the back of three successive defeats and will give Ting a run for his money when they trade leather next month.
With a combined total of 20 finishes between them, expect both athletes to produce high-octane action before the night’s main event between ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Champion Nong-O Gaiyanghadao and his challenger Saemapetch Fairtex.
Nong-O, an Evolve MMA representative, has been nothing short of excellent since he signed under the ONE Super Series banner in April 2018.
After two dominant wins against Fabio Pinca and Mehdi Zatout, Nong-O defeated China’s Han Zi Hao to claim the inaugural World Title in February 2019. He followed that up with another classic performance against Hiroaki Suzuki and Brice Delval last month.
Saemapetch has similarly outclassed all his opponents in The Home Of Martial Arts to earn himself a well-deserved World Title shot against his compatriot.
Which of these two stars will maintain their impressive form and leave the Singapore Indoor Stadium with the World Title?
Download the ONE Super App to find out.
Here is the list of bouts confirmed so far for ONE: EDGE OF GREATNESS on Friday, 22 November. More contests will be announced in the coming weeks.
· Nong-O Gaiyanghadao vs. Saemapetch Fairtex (ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Title)
· Amir Khan vs. Ev Ting (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
· Maira Mazar vs. Tiffany Teo (mixed martial arts – women’s strawweight)
· Alex Silva vs. Peng Xue Wen (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
· Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke vs. Muhammad Imran (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
· Troy Worthen vs. Chen Lei (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
· Rahul Raju vs. Ahmed Mujtaba (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
· Petchmorakot Petchyindee Academy vs. Charlie Peters (ONE Super Series Muay Thai – featherweight)